VS Code Ackee frontend extension
A set of usefull snippets and commands we use at Ackee for web apps development.
Adding a snippet
It's very easy - just add the snippet into a corresponding language file in
snippets folder. (e.g.
Adding a command
The extension is basically a typescript node project using the VS Code API. See the documentation for an extension anatomy. There is
extension.ts file where you register commands and use app's Model. There is
model.ts containing all extension's logic.
To create a new command:
- Add the functionality to
- Register the new command in
- Add the command to
The project has continues delivery set up on Travis. To release a new version, run
npm version VERSION in updated
Official VS Code documentation guide for publishing an extension
- Azure DevOps organization account for Ackee
- Personal Microsoft account
- Personal access token (PAT) for Marketplace (see the official documentation for guide how to retrieve it)
After all requirements are met:
npm i -g vsce
- Login to ackee organization (you will be prompted to enter the PAT) with
vsce login ackee.
- Pack the extension with
- Publish an extension with
vsce publish minor. The last parameter of the command is a version (see the doc for more info).
Alternatively, the extension can be packed and published throuh Marketplace publisher mangement page.